Fun Facts About Boling Vision Center
- Boling Vision Center has been the leading vision expert in Michiana since 1960.
- Boling Vision Center was named Business of the Year by the Elkhart Chamber of Commerce in 2010.
- Boling Vision Center is a proud partner of Notre Dame Athletics, allowing us to serve the vision-related needs of multiple coaches and athletes.
- Boling Vision Center is the reigning “Best of Elkhart County” Best Vision Center. The award was established in 2011 and we are honored to have received this award each year since the award’s inception.
- Boling Vision Center partners with local charities to provide access to quality vision care for area residents that are uninsured and fall within federal poverty guidelines.
- Boling Vision Center has an avid outreach initiative providing support for community organizations and youth programs.
- Boling Vision Center is the only vision care center to provide a premium experience to every guest, offering free wifi, an on-site coffee house and café as well as engaging activities for children.
- Boling Vision Center offers multilingual staff members at all four locations – Elkhart, Goshen, Notre Dame and South Bend.
- Boling Vision Center’s Kindness to Prevent Blindness initiative partnered with Elkhart Education Foundation to build the first eye care mobile unit in the country, providing free eye exams and two free pairs of glasses to children.
- Boling Vision Center received the Eye Eco 2018 Outstanding Dry Eye Practice Award.
Fun Facts About Dr. Boling II
- Dr. Boling II received the Indiana State Medical Association’s (ISMA) Physician Community Service Award in 2012. This prestigious award honors an Indiana physician for his/her lifetime of outstanding volunteer activities that have made a civic, cultural, social and economic contribution to the community.
- Dr. Boling II conducts refractive training for Indiana University ophthalmology residents.
- Dr. Boling II was the recipient of the Lewis S. Armstrong Award for Contributions to Community from the Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics at Indiana University South Bend for his contributions to the community.
- Dr. Boling II was named the Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology Humanitarian of the Year in 2011.
Fun Facts About Lasik By Boling
- Boling Vision Center is the leader in LASIK for the Michiana area.
- Dr. Boling II was the first to bring refractive surgery to Michiana more than 20 years ago.
- Dr. Boling II was an investigator in two FDA clinical studies researching LASIK protocols that are still in use today.
- Boling Vision Center is the first and only area practice to permanently own and maintain our LASIK technology for optimized performance and patient safety.
- Boling Vision Center is the first and only vision care center offering a custom-built refractive suite specially designed for LASIK/PRK patients.
- Boling Vision Center is the first and only practice to bring the Allegretto Wave Eye-Q LASIK technology to Michiana.
- In 2013, Boling Vision Center was selected as the LASIK provider of choice by Larry King Live’s InView television program to discuss innovations in eye care.
- Dr. Boling II has performed well over 20,000 LASIK procedures.
Fun Facts About Boling’s Cataract Surgeons
- Dr. Boling II was the first to perform No Needle, No Stitch, No Patch cataract surgery in Michiana.
- Boling Vision Center is the only vision care center with exclusive access to an on-site ambulatory surgery center in Michiana.
- Boling Vision Center offers high-technology solutions to reduce dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses following cataract surgery.
- Dr. Boling II has performed over 25,000 cataract procedures.
- Dr. Boling II, Dr. Heil, and Dr. Whitney Boling all perform laser-assisted cataract surgery with the latest and most advanced technology.
Fun Facts About The Boling Family
- The Boling family’s ten year dream of designing and launching an eye care mobile unit became a reality in 2018.
- The Boling family was honored with the 4th annual Patron of the Arts Award in September of 2016 presented by Premier Arts.
Schedule your appointment online today or call 800-283-8393